Sunday, October 11, 2015

Dreaming of France -- Outside Our Hotel


Please join this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.

Today, can I take you to a hotel room in Paris?
The room was included as part of our airfare, so we weren't going to complain about the size.
But Earl can demonstrate how tiny it was.

He couldn't extend both arms across the width of the room.
The bathroom was well done, but also scrunched.

But you know why we didn't care?
Because of what was outside the window, on the rue Mouffetarde. We heard music outside our tiny hotel room.
Paris!


The windows of our room opened to reveal real-life Paris buildings and people. 
And one evening, we even had a serenade. 


If you don't love Paris the way we do, you might not be charmed by the tiny room and the apartments that line the streets or even the musicians wheeling along their backup music. But if you went down and walked along Rue Mouffetarde, if you stopped in one of the chocolate shops, or the bakeries, or watched the couples dancing at the end of the street on Sunday afternoons, I'm pretty sure you'd love Paris too. 





5 comments:

Sim Carter said...

I love this! Earl, the postage stamp size of the room the sound of the musicians, the whole thing. I’m loving your love of France.
I’m sharing a video I found online of Saint Malo, the setting for Anthony Doerr’s All the Light We Cannot See. I’ve heard its being made into a movie, crossing my fingers. If I can’t get to Saint Malo in real life, reel life will have to do! Have you been there?

Just Me said...

I'm loving the idea of this room too. Location Location Location. I'm thinking the way I pack I might problems making my way "to" the room through small hall ways and stairways. Smiles.

Esme said...

this is such a French hotel room. Rue Moufettard is so much fun.

Sim Carter said...

Hi Paulita - Got your message about you welcoming my non-fiction about my travels ... I’ll see if I’ve got anything else in my memory bank. In the meantime, it’s not about France but over on my other blog, (I don’t think you follow me there) I’ve got some memoir about working on That Thing You Do in the 1990’s. It was Tom Hank’s directorial debut and my husband suggested it might be fun for Russell and I to work as extras for a day. Here’s the links to a couple of those pieces in case you’re interested: That Thing We Did: http://bit.ly/1RDbaUW and
Making Movie Magic: http://bit.ly/1MsNgLT
Merci!

Paulita said...

Thanks, Sim. I look forward to reading them. I love that movie.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...