Saturday, December 29, 2012

Saturday Snapshot -- Snow

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post on Alyce's blog At Home With Books. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.
I usually run with my friends on Saturday morning, but with a couple of inches of snow falling overnight and still coming down, we cancelled our drive to the running trail. I bundled up and went for a walk. The snow makes it so light outside that the dark morning is bright.
I captured this photo of the snow piling up on my neighbor's Christmas lights.

Hope you have a warm, dry day with lots of twinkling lights.

17 comments:

Carol said...

Whoops! Looks like the lights could collapse.

Have a Happy New Year

carol
DizzyC

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Wow! That's kind of scary, but impressive, too.

Thanks for sharing...and enjoy your holiday!

Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

Kaye said...

Lovely photo! We only get rain in FL. Have a happy and healthy 2013!

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

I love that photo!!!

Virginia said...

Brave soul, walking in that cold! I too like the lights under the drifts!
V

Unknown said...

That's so cool to see the color coming through the snow! Have a great day, Paulita!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful...you are having the same weather as we are. :)

Stop by my blog if you like for a photo of snowy Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Saturday Snapshot

Book Savvy Babe said...

I haven't seen snow in person in years. Your picture makes me long to drive up to the mountains and see snow again :) thanks for sharing, Book Savvy Babe

Lisa said...

I always think Christmas lights look so pretty through the snow! Great photo idea.


Saturday Snapshot

Alyce said...

What a neat shot of the snow and lights! We haven't had any snow here yet this year.

Lmkazmierczak said...

Bear With Me....impressive that you bundled up and went for a walk♫♪ Be safe in the New Year♥

Shari Green said...

Neat photo, with the snow all mounded over the lights like that. I hope you enjoyed your walk--the snow really does brighten up a winter day, doesn't it? :)

Joy Weese Moll said...

Fun to see the colors reflect off the snow!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Very pretty:0

We had a dusting for Christmas, 2" a couple of days ago, and more snow coming down now.

edgar said...

That's a lot of snow. We had a lots of rain which we need for the summer. The mountains have the snow.

Nise' said...

I love the look of lights under snow!

Jackie McGuinness said...

Here's my France post.
http://junkboattravels.blogspot.com/2012/12/an-accidental-blog-france-meme.html

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...