Sunday, September 10, 2017

Dreaming of France -- Dreams Coming True

Thank you for joining this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.

I'm excited to share the latest news with you all about our plans for moving to France in 2018.
I already had shared that we were picked for our first housesit -- only for a week and with a menagerie of animals, but it was a start.
Now, we have housesits for the first three months of 2018!
We'll begin in January staying a week in the Loire, near Normandy. It will be a good transition for us, although we'll be pretty busy taking care of animals that week. The house, in addition to dogs and cats, has a donkey, a mule and chickens.
After that, we'll head to southern France to a charming village where we visited in May. When I found out we had this housesit, I yelped in joy. Three dogs and a few chickens in the beautiful village of Uzès for a month.

Here's the overlook in the village. Somewhere in the hills below is the Pont du Gard. 
Here's the village square where we sat for coffee. A group of children gathered by the
fountain after school before they were led off by some kind of teacher. 

Here's a beautiful cobblestone passage. The village was built up around a dukedom, or duchy. So a tower sits in the middle and much of the rest of the village served as stables or other outbuildings for the castle. 

I call this an arcade. It is lined with shops, like weavers and artists and children's clothing. 
 Uzès is the village just north of the Pont du Gard roman aqueduct. The water from Uzès ran across the Pont du Gard to provide Provence with a steady supply. 

See why I squealed with delight? I'm so excited.

Then at the end of February, after a few months of practicing our French, we'll travel to Surrey, England to housesit for a month for three dogs, including a new puppy named Spud.
It's all working out just as we'd hoped.
Thanks for sharing my joy. Your support and encouragement means so much to me.

Thanks so much for playing along with Dreaming of France. Please leave your link below and visit each other's blogs to share your love for France.

6 comments:

Sim Carter said...

How thrilling! So very excited for you! The locations look like something out of a dream. It will be a lot of fun to visit you there.
OK, OK, You can't blame a girl for trying. But seriously, I am really very happy, can't wait to read about your adventures. Please tell me you will turn this adventure into a book. We'll be waiting for it.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! The plans are taking shape really well. It's exciting to keep up with the progress.

Just Me said...

WooHoo. Can hardly believe how wonderful things are falling into place.

Jeanie said...

Paulita, I am so incredibly happy for you. I'm so glad it's falling into place!

Paulita said...

Thanks to everyone.
Sim, I will love to have you visit once we get a place in France, and I hope that Earl and I will create a book about our adventure.
Francetaste, Thanks for your support. I'm so excited about our journey.
Just Me, I know, right?
Jeanie, Thanks. I can't believe how fortunate we are so far.

Unknown said...

We'll be waiting for it.


หนังออนไลน์

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...