Sunday, December 21, 2014

Dreaming of France -- Shopping

Please join this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.

Many people think of shopping when they visit France, and since Christmas has become primarily a shopping season, I thought I'd share some pictures Grace took on a trip to Paris. I'm not a big shopper, but I feel like I could find plenty to spend my money on at this Paris flea market.

The sheer number of beautiful items would probably overwhelm me. What is French here? Or Asian? Or Russian? So many countries come together in the porcelain on this table. 


A statue lamp? Pourquoi pas? This light-holding statue looks a little more risque than our Statue of Liberty. 


Carpets anyone? I imagine beautiful French apartments with thick rugs from all over the world.
Hope everyone else is dreaming of France even as the Christmas holidays distract us all. 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Thanks for dreaming along with me this year. 


4 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Hi Paulita, for some reason I was not able to join in today...may be my iPad as I am in Boston & do not have my computer...my link is http://sallytharperowlesbetweenherethere.blogspot.com/2014/12/joyeux-noel.html
Happy Holidays!!

Sim Carter said...

Joyeux Noel Paulita and pals! Have a fabulous holiday in Florida, Paulita. I'm not much of a shopper either but that flea market would keep me happily window shopping for sure!

Leovi said...

I love this lamp statue !!!

Mystica said...

Love the carpets picture. Like small rugs very much.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...