Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Spelling Disgrace

I'm still grading papers madly, with Oct. 26 as the end in sight that I'll get a reprieve for a bit, so I thought I'd post a short thought about spelling.
Everyone knows that spelling isn't emphasized any more. As Alec Baldwin says in a commercial for Capital One, "Spelling, that's not a subject, that's an App, right?"
Well, I was on the App store the other day searching for "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me!" the NPR news show. I figured it must have an app that I could listen to.
As I typed in the letters, wai.... the app store began making suggestions of what I might be looking for.
Unfortunately, the most popular search that begins wai... waight watchers.



6 comments:

Lucia said...

laugh out loud

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I am with Lucia :-)

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

LOL and I though it was "wait watchers" until I joined:)

Just Me said...

Ha ! That is too funny!

Personally, I'm a terrible speller. No matter what, the spelling always looks wrong. There are days when "the" and "of" for some reason don't look right.

Thank goodness your blog has a built in spell check.

Just Me said...

W.A.I.T ... Why Am I Talking

Jackie Mc Guinness said...

Oh my!!!!!!!!

Dreaming of France -- Paris Can Wait movie review

Thank you for joining this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us yo...